All students must have the following forms on file with Montverde Academy prior to participation in any form of athletic or team-related conditioning, tryout, or practice. These forms are valid for one year and are available with the matriculation paperwork.
- Form EL2: FHSAA Pre-participation Physical Evaluation full filled out and signed by a physician
- Form EL3: FHSAA Consent and Release Form Liability Certificate
- Form GA4: Filled out by students who are entering the Academy for the first time after 9th grade. This form requires notarization.
The FHSAA office reviews non-US Citizens before the student may participate in an athletic contest. The Dean of External Program Development needs to have the following on file to be able to send information to FHSAA for processing:
- Copy of student’s valid passport.
- Copy of the first page of the I20 signed by the student.
- Note: If the student is here on a Visa other than an F1, documentation of that Visa needs to be on file.
- All transcripts from the 8th year of school until arrival at Montverde Academy must be on file. These must be in the original language of the student’s country.
- Note: Some countries begin school in February or March. Students must attend during that time and submit a partial transcript to be eligible through FHSAA
The Dean of External Program Development registers the student and sends all documents to FHSAA. Due to the volume of paperwork received from all of Florida, it can take up to 2 weeks for the FHSAA to approve student eligibility so it is wise to have all of the documents in place in August or September.